Sunday, June 15, 2008

Oh Lordy It's HOT!

I don't know WHAT I was thinking, but I promised the girls a trip to the zoo this weekend and then waited until 3 p.m. to go (procrastination for sure!!) so it was sweltering (my car said 94 degrees, but I don't buy it for a minute- it was at least 204 degrees!!). Of course I didn't take my camera to record them walking hand-in-hand down the path. That's a first, and it was SO sweet!

Then we went to Sonic for a "flute flush" (fruit slush) and now Sophia is watching Dora. I was pretty anti-TV when she was little, and Amelia still doesn't watch TV, but there's really not much for a 15 (and 18 and 34) month old to do in a hospital bed so oh well!

Sophia gave up naps a few months ago, and despite our protests, we realized that she really doesn't need a full-blown nap anymore (she's like me when it comes to daytime sleeping - takes a long time to fall asleep, sleeps too long, then can't sleep at night). So on days like today, when she's spent a good amount of time playing castle and making art projects and going to the zoo, she can lay on the couch for thirty minutes to watch a show and get some rest. Plus, I need her to stay interested in TV through her next surgery! That's my justification and I'm sticking to it :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...