Thursday, April 30, 2009

Pray for Your Chum

I love this idea of Lynnette's - it's such a great opportunity to pray for our friends and also to reflect on our own prayers. Would you pray for me? And if you have prayer requests, I would be honored to pray for you - just post your prayer requests on your blog and link back on Lynnette's Mr. Linky.

***Added: if you are one of my friends who does not have a blog or does not want to put this on your blog, I would still love to pray for you... send me an email or Tweet or comment on this post, and let me know what to pray, and I will be on my knees for you!

Photobucket

From that picture, it appears I should pray for some Windex, or perhaps a brow wax... but I've been thinking, and I would be so grateful if you could pray for the following things:

1. That I find contentedness with my life right now. That I cherish the children I have, rather than wanting more. That I find fulfillment with "just" the ministries of serving my family and friends, which are of course the most important.

2. However, I would ask that you would also pray, if it is God's will, for me to glorify and serve Him through foster parenting, the charities I am involved with, my church, or any other way.

3. For my marriage. I don't want this to sound alarming - we are okay, I'm rather private when it comes to my relationship with my husband, and I know God knows what our challenges are, so if you would just pray for us, I know He will understand!

4. For wisdom in raising my precious children.

5. That my blog brings joy and encouragement, and maybe something useful, to my friends and family (and by friends I DO mean my "imaginary friends" as Davis calls my internet friends!) and that I not lose sight of what's important or become prideful.

Thank you! I will keep checking back on Lynnette's blog so that I can pray for any of you, my chums :)

Call unto me and I will answer thee and show thee great and mighty things which thou knowest not.
Jeremiah 33:3

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look about 13 in this picture!

Unknown said...

You are so pretty. :) I'll be praying for you and your picture is going up next to my desk.
Thanks for praying for me too Vera.
Love,
Lynnette

Lena said...

May God keep you in his arms as I pray for you, his paths are not ours, so we never know which way He will lead us.

L said...

Praying for you and your sweet family,
lynette x

Louise said...

You look fabulous girl!
I so echo #5 I have been praying the same thing lately, I want my blog to glorify God and not have it get wrapped up in just 'stuff'.
Great post!
I will pray for you and your hubby!!

Holly said...

Prayers for you!!!

Summer said...

Vera,

You and your family are definitely in my prayers!

(I was totally giggling out loud when I read "imaginary friends"!! hahaha)

Hope you have a joyous and beautiful day!!! Love you, girl!

-Summer

Unknown said...

I'm really not a figment of your imagination! I'm REAL boy! (oops I mean girl. For a minute there I thought I was Pinocchio) :) ha! I'm just one of your long distance friends.

I met a lady on-line about 10 years ago. She lives in New York so we've never met in real life but you know what - we are STILL friends! She sent me gifts when my babies were born. She grieved with me when Anna died. She sends me Christmas cards. We really are wonderful friends...just from a distance. :)

I know that not all of our internet friends turn out to be that, but I feel blessed to have met so many wonderful people - like you. I'm so glad to have your picture. It reminds me that you are indeed REAL! :) :) :)

Love ya Vera.
Lynnette

Unknown said...

Your imaginary friend mbduke will be praying for you.

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Praying for you, Vera. Your requests reflect your beautiful heart. I love your sweet picture, too! Thank you for praying for me, too. Doesn't Lynette have great ideas?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...