Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dallas Day One

It's 1 a.m. and I am determined to get this post up really quickly without checking in on all my favorite blogs or Twitter or anything else! Good gracious I need to get to bed!!

So, the girls and I headed out around 7:30 this morning. I had their clothes all laid out and water and granola bars and raisins for their breakfast in the car and everything, so it was all smooth. All I had to do was take a quick shower, throw my toiletries in my suitcase, get dressed and go. Davis got the girls dressed and packed up the truck. I asked him to hold off on packing my suitcase so I could add my stuff.

We got on the road, and all was good... the girls were happily playing with the toys I had gathered and put in this folding canvas basket thing that fits perfectly between their car seats (Magnadoodles are the best invention EVER).

Photobucket

After a while they got bored and I brought out my surprises - I got them a great magnetic paper doll kit and a scratch off sketch pad thing, they're awesome and sometime I'll have to post about them.

Anyway, about four hours into the trip, Davis called and asked me where I was... "Um, Texas somewhere." And he said, "well, your suitcase is on your bed."

I'll let you react to that however you wish for a minute, because let me tell you, I did not react well. I kind of had a little freak out attack, thinking of everything in that suitcase - a church dress, a 4th of July picnic dress, all my other clothes, my prenatal vitamins, my progesterone prescription, my toothbrush... So, the girls got to watch Veggie Tales on the car's DVD player while I listened to cello suites on my iPod and practiced deep breathing.

Davis ran to FedEx and had my suitcase overnighted to my friend's house, because that only (!) cost $75, which is a lot less than it would have cost to replace all that stuff (my prenatal vitamins + progesterone alone were more than that). Phew. Oh and I had my OB call in another prescription to a Wallgreens near my friend's house.

We stopped at Chili's along the way. They have the best broccoli that comes with the kids meals - it has garlic in it, and I find myself eating some every time.


Photobucket

Anyway...

Once in Dallas, after a frustratingly long wait at the doctor's office (almost two hours), we had a really good appointment. Her plastic surgeon said that her skin is really tight, so we're nearing the end of what we can remove without constricting her skin permanently. So he's going to wait one more year, use one more tissue expander to get her nevus lower on her collarbone area, so that she can wear swimsuits, etc. without it showing, and leave the rest in the very middle around her breasts until after puberty. Sounds like a perfect plan to us. So we'll have an expander put in around May of next year and get it over with before Kindergarten.

After her doctor's appointment, we met up with my awesome blogger friend Summer. She was so sweet and brought us presents (I will be featuring mine soon!) and was so great to talk to in real life and was very kind about the fact that my children acted like wild animals

Photobucket

We let the girls expend a little of their energy

Photobucket

And then I packed the girls up and we made the 45 minute drive to my friend's house in Denton. Her house is huge, which is awesome, because Sophia literally just RAN and RAN and RAN and said "this house is really fun!" She and her friend Camryn (who haven't seen each other in a couple of years) hit it off right away, as did Amelia and her little buddy Pierce, and they all played happily ever after.

Then I went to the world's most awesome Kroger (seriously I want to move into that store) and to Walgreens to pick up my prescription. It took some time to get my insurance straightened out (since I had JUST bought this drug a few days ago at home) so, while they were dealing with that, I ran to TJMaxx and bought jammies, underwear and one outfit to get me through until my suitcase arrives in the morning.

This was how the girls' day ended

Photobucket

Kristy and I stayed up until 1 a.m. talking, which was probably not wise, considering I have more driving to do tomorrow and this progesterone makes me sleepy and I'm off caffeine...but it was really nice to catch up, so oh well!

I am so, so thankful and blessed to have so many of you praying for me - I would not be this at peace and happy without those prayers! THANK YOU!!

As of right now, I know I am pregnant, because I put on a bra this morning and it fit, and tonight when I took it off it did not fit anymore. AT ALL.

Tomorrow morning I'll go get labs drawn to see how things look, and hopefully I'll get the results sometime tomorrow afternoon. I'm also going to visit friends in Fort Worth and then meet back here with some other friends, so it will be a busy day... but I promise to update y'all as soon as I know anything.

4 comments:

Meg said...

I'm praying for you today. I hope everything goes well.

Your girls are PASSED OUT! Clearly you did an excellent job wearing them out, I can't believe you weren't that tired also.

That sucks that you forgot your suitcase, I would have cried. I'm glad your hubby was able to overnight it for you. :)

Summer said...

I had SUCH FUN getting to meet you and your daughters!!! It felt as if we have known each other for years and years!

I am lucky and blessed to have a great friend like you and I look forward to cultivating our friendship through the "blog-world" as well as the real world!

Hope the rest of your trip goes fantastic!!!

-Summer

Summer said...

Oh...and, where is that picture of us, Vera??!! Hmm....I knew I should have taken some pictures of my own! hahaha....

Stacy said...

Love the pictures you shared Vera! I would have totally freaked out, too, with leaving the suitcase behind. It is always such a rush! Looks like you and the girls are having a great time, too.

I'll be continuing to pray for you and your little bean.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...