He's still 100% mama's boy. This morning he basically was happy as long as I was holding him and looking at him. If anyone else was holding him, or I was ignoring him, then - crying.
I would be lying if I didn't tell you that I love it a little bit.
Yesterday he went back to have his hearing checked, because he failed his newborn screening test. At that time, he had lots of fluid in both ears - it wasn't infected, it was just left over from his days of swimming around in water. Yesterday his one ear had cleared all the fluid and passed the hearing screen, but the other did not. This meant we had to wait three hours to see the ENT doctor (seriously *ugh*) just to be told "he has fluid in his ear, but you already knew that. We're not going to do anything about that, but you already knew that." Thanks, Doc, be sure to bill my insurance for a high level evaluation on that one. Henry should clear the fluid out of his other ear in the coming months, and in the meantime he's fine mostly hearing out of his other ear.
Henry is sleeping pretty well. He's still waking up 1-2 times a night, but I have no idea what time. Every night I look at the clock, and then every morning I've forgotten.
That's what's going on in Henry land. Nice and boring, just the way we like it! I loved answering the nurse's questions yesterday - "nope, he has no history of anything!"
3 comments:
What a handsome little boy. I think it is fantastic that he is a Mama's boy, that is definitely rough that he wont let anyone else hold him or let you put him down.
What a little punk. :)
Nice and boring is always a good thing on the health front. :)
Will the fluid in his ears go away on its own?
Your Henry looks so sweet...so glad you're loving this precious time!
Post a Comment