Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Amelia's Milk and Cookies Party

I had so much fun with Amelia's party this year. This girl of mine, she loves milk and she has a sweet tooth like no one else I know! We joke all the time that we're going to get her a dairy cow, and we're only half kidding. She does a happy dance and sings "glorious, glorious milk!" when I come home from the grocery store with a new gallon of milk (or three).

Photobucket

So we had milk and cookies to celebrate her turning FOUR YEARS OLD!

Photobucket

Photobucket

The invitation - it said "if you give Amelia a cookie... she's going to want a gallon of milk to go with it!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had cookies and milk (of course) and chocolate milk for the kids (and lots of coffee for the grown ups!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amelia was SO happy!

Photobucket

I made some hanging decorations with Amelia's picture on one side for each year of her life, with the number on the back. I made everything the night before, starting AFTER the kids went to bed, so nothing is perfect.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The kids got to decorate sugar cookies, and they loved it.

It was so funny, though, because they would ice the cookie, dump an inch of sprinkles on it, and then stuff the whole thing in their mouthes! Seriously, they all did it, and we were all just laughing about it. I love my friends - they didn't hate me (openly anyway!) for loading their kids with sugar!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amelia got great gifts. Probably the biggest hit was a Play Doh set from her friend John - she played with it nonstop for days. One night when I asked her to get it off the dining room table so we could eat dinner, she said "I didn't get this for putting away, I got this for playing with!" Ha ha!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that four years olds sing Happy Birthday to themselves.

Photobucket

And while we were doing that... look what sneaky Henry was up to! HEY Buddy! You're not supposed to have any sweets until your birthday next week! See, being the third child isn't always a bad thing.

Photobucket

I love these boys and their mamas.

Speaking of, thank you so much Gretchan for taking pictures!! My camera died after I took a couple of pictures, and so she became my birthday party photographer - that's why these pictures are so much better than my normal ones!

Photobucket

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Looks like a perfect party to me... So much fun! Love your sweet family.

affectioknit said...

WOW! What a party! That look like fantastic fun!

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh my goodness...what beautiful decorations and yummy-looking cookie fun!! I love it! Plus...oh my word with the pink and brown!

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E.!!

Angela said...

How funny, I have an Amelia too and we had a milk and cookies party for her 2nd birthday! Your Amelia and her party were adorable!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...