Sunday, February 20, 2011

Our Weekend

The kids and I are in Natchitoches, Louisiana visiting my dad. Davis is working and getting a lot done around the house (and sleeping!) The drive down was horrific (lots of tears and screaming - and not just the kids!) and the nights have been some of the worst of my life - the kids took turns refusing to sleep, Amelia at one point screaming "I miss my Daddy!" followed by "I can't take this!" over and over again. Lovely. BUT we survived (I might have had some wine before their bedtime last night) and we had the most fun day today!

The weather has been absolutely gorgeous! 70's and breezy. Here are some pictures from the trip - I think they are all self-explanatory (says the blogger who is too tired to write words!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
(they are SO tired by the end of the day - that's really WHY they are so bad at bedtime)

Photobucket

Photobucket
(hey Gretchan, you know how John and Amelia sometimes look similar in pictures? This picture totally reminds me of James!!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I know I have way more pictures of Henry than the girls, but the girls were way too busy to have their pictures taken - I think they probably spent 10 hours a day outside Saturday and Sunday! Also, as you can see, there isn't a lot to do in Natchitoches - just go walking, sit around and drink lemonade and eat corn on the cob... a perfect mellow weekend!

Good night!

4 comments:

Lynette said...

The pictures are beautiful! Hope you have a good, safe drive home.

affectioknit said...

Sweet family fun!

karla said...

I love that picture of Sophia coolin' off. That is SUPER adorable. They all are, but that one...I'd frame :)

Jennifer Freeman said...

I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I haven't seen the girls since Amelia learned to crawl. Crazy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...