Tuesday, June 16, 2009

God and Science

I've never really understood the conflict between science and religion... never have I felt more certain of the existence of God than when I was studying science.

Photobucket

I've mentioned before that I have a degree in microbiology... Perhaps I am strange, but my science education did nothing but strengthen my faith. I was humbled by physics. I was spell-bound by microbial genetics. I remember as biology and chemistry became one in biochemistry. I remember disecting far into the depths of the human brain and marveling at this machine that is our bodies. Trying to wrap my little brain around the vastness of the universe and the intricacies of the most minute of microorganisms, I would feel this overwhelming awe at the perfection of it all.

Photobucket

No one but our God could create such complex systems, such beautiful harmonies, such amazing machinery. No artist can create such beauty (are you seeing these pictures?! they are all microscopic images of things found in nature!)

Photobucket

Learning about the memory and evolution and adaptation of our immune systems, I specifically remember smiling - God is great. God is so much greater than we can even imagine.

Photobucket

Learning about science was like delving into deep waters, then being pulled out and realizing that I had seen only the top layer of a vast ocean. But not in a frightening way - in fact, the perfection with which God created the universe was proof to me of His sovereignty.

Photobucket

Can you look at these pictures and not believe in God?

If you're a geek like me, go here for hundreds of awesome images like those above... including things like french fries and mint juleps under the microscope!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Those microscopic images are beautiful!

I am nursing student and I agree, science and faith are intertwined.

Lena said...

Amazing pictures! Our amazing God, the creator.

Unknown said...

amen!!

NO ONE BUT OUR GOD!

Nikki B. said...

beautiful!! so funny...i feel EXACTLY the same way. even used some of the exact words you used!!!

thanks for sharing this with me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...