They brought yummy, yummy food - this is about half of it
I got so, so many sweet and adorable gifts. Plus lots of useful stuff like diapers and wipes and Aquaphor (am I the only one who uses this on everything from diaper rashes to cuts and scrapes to chapped lips?)
And aren't these BabyLegs just the cutest?!? I loved them for the girls - especially when they were crawling age and when they were potty training and wearing dresses (much easier to deal with than tights!)
But even more so than the food or the gifts, it was SO great to have a roomful of friends to visit with! It was a blast and totally lifted me up!
When Sophia came home later, she surveyed everything
My friend Jennifer brought a huge basket of gifts, including several things for the girls, which they were very excited about. Sophia was also excited about all the things for baby Henry - she's been doing more to prepare for his arrival than any of us! In fact, today she pestered her daddy into working on the nursery (with her help of course) - yay!!
As for this little girl
she has pneumonia.
Sophia came down with a little cold on Monday, and by Thursday mid-day she was pretty much totally over it. Amelia started getting sick Tuesday, and by Thursday night was feeling really bad. She just couldn't stop coughing, to the point of throwing up. I made her some warm tea with honey and lemon and tried to get her settled back down. Well, she continued to cough and not breathe well, until I noticed the areas around her mouth and her fingertips were turning blue. When I lifted her shirt, I noticed she was retracting when she took a breath. So I packed her up and sent her and her daddy off to the emergency room. It is SO, so hard for me to delegate this medical stuff to him - I wrote out her allergies and symptoms and everything on a notecard for him to take, but I just knew this was one area where I normally take charge for a reason. Well, sure enough, after five hours in the ER, despite one doctor being concerned, another doctor decided that Amelia just had a virus and sent them home. The next morning the ER nurse called back to let us know a radiologist had looked at her chest x-ray and she actually has pneumonia. UGH, that makes me so mad! So I sent her and Davis to her pediatrician yesterday afternoon and she's now being treated with the medicines she needs and hopefully will be feeling better soon!
That's the latest in our family medical drama land.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend! The weather has warmed up so much here, although it's dreary and rainy - not that I'm going anywhere anyway ha!
3 comments:
Oh how sweet of your friends to come to your house and have your shower! I'm sure it felt sooo good to hang out with all of them. I love those baby legs! I'll have to get some girly ones for Lily.
Hope you all start feeling better really soon. I'm praying for you!
Oh poor Amelia has pneumonia? Hope she gets to feeling better soon.
Looks like a fun baby shower! How nice of them to bring it to your house - so you could attend! ha!
Looking forward to seeing the post that says "He's here!"
Thinking of you!
Lynnette
Looks like you had a fun time at your shower...so sweet of your work friends to do that for you. :)
I hope Amelia gets better soon...poor little dear. And, hope you are feeling wonderfully. Sending good wishes your way always... :)
Post a Comment