My mom came in to town Wednesday night and then my brother and sister in law flew in Friday afternoon. That evening we all went to get pizza.
It was great, because they brought balls of pizza dough out for the girls to play with, and they were happy the whole time and let us really sit and visit for a long time. My sister in law is expecting their first baby this year and I am beyond excited!!
Henry got a little sleepy at the end
and finally just fell asleep right there in Daddy's arms ha ha!
Then Saturday my dad and his family came into town, and we had a barbecue in our backyard. I marinated chicken and steak, which my brother grilled. I also grilled some cabbage and cauliflower, and hot dogs for the kids.
The little guest of honor - he was cool about all the attention.
There was a brief downpour in the middle of grilling, but it all turned out okay.
Well, and there was a great battle and the princesses and pirates were wiped out, but other than that...
This picture of my dad and Davis eating chicken seriously cracks me up!
Then Sunday morning was the big day. Henry was baptized in the gown that my grandmother in Austria made for Sophia, and which Amelia also wore. It is so, so special to us!
There is no flash photography allowed in the church. So please excuse the pictures.
It was a beautiful ceremony. The priest who baptized Henry is retiring, and this was his last sermon and his last baptism.
My brother is Henry's Godfather, and Henry is SO lucky to have him!!
After the ceremony, we had a brunch in our backyard for our families - most of whom came from out of town - and some of our best friends. It was hot, but lovely.
There were so many sweet little kids running around our yard, all of whom I just love like my own, it made me so happy!
They ranged in age from baby William who is a month younger than Henry and lives right next door, and will be Henry's little buddy soon
to Robert*, who I babysat when he was two years old.... ten years ago!
and pretty much every age in between.
Henry snoozed through most of the brunch. Right across Grandma's lap - his favorite way to sleep!
The weekend fun continued Sunday night and all day and night Memorial Day... but I think this post is long enough, and it's way past my bedtime, so I'll try to post about that soon.
*I started this post early in the week, and it's now Friday night (technically Saturday morning). Robert's Dad, Charlie, is in the hospital tonight awaiting emergency surgery on his abdomen in the morning. I spent this afternoon and evening with him and his wife, my dear friend Carla. Please keep them and their sweet children in your prayers, as Charlie is very sick and faces a long recovery.
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had an incredible time. Henry looked adorable and you guys actually did a good job taking pictures in the church without a flash! Congrats little Henry. :)
Post a Comment