First of, this is so awesome: http://www.mycharmingkids.net/2009/04/president-george-h-w-bush-and-stellan.html!!! I remember how it felt to wonder if there would ever be an end in site when my kids were hospitalized, especially with Amelia, because she kept having apnea episodes, and without a diagnosis they would not discharge her, but we were making NO progress in the hospital (we finally left AMA on day five, but that's a story for another day) and that survival mode MckMama was talking about is SO what it's like in the middle of it. But a GOOD day can do amazing things to let you see the light at the end of the tunnel, and I thank God that they got one of those days today! I know there will be ups and downs, but one up can carry you a long way.
Then there's my update on baby Sloan below. Especially with two little kids at home, I know it will be such a relief to have him home from the hospital! Major answered prayers there!!
One of my main prayers the other night when I stayed up all night praying (by the way, it's so cool - apparently I needed that more than sleep, because I was FINE with no sleep yesterday!) was that God would give me some new opportunities to help others. A background to this is that a couple of years ago I looked into becoming a La Leche League Leader, because I felt called to help other moms with breastfeeding (some of my friends called me their breastfeeding cheerleader ha ha). Well, LLL basically told me that they didn't want me, because I was a working mom (I was furious, because those moms need support so much and were basically being told that pumping and giving a bottle somehow made them less worthy of support, but that's a story for another day too). Well, today when I took Amelia to the pediatrician for some wheezing, there was a sign up in the exam room that they were looking for moms to be mentors to newly breastfeeding moms! I called right away after the appointment, and I'm now "on call" - if a nursing mom needs help or support, the pediatrician's office will give them my cell phone number. I'm hugely excited about this! By the way, I have to say it again - I ♥ my pediatrician's office.
And I ♥ God, who just ROCKS at answering prayers!!
Random old picture of my kids - because this one makes me laugh, and today has been a laughing sort of day (laughing because something is funny, laughing because life is good, and laughing because things are sometimes so crazy there's nothing you can do but laugh!)
Laughing moment just now...
Sophia: Mommy, can I have a baby brother? Daddy says yes.
Me: Well, we have to ask God.
Sophia (putting her hand on her heart): God is in my heart, so I have to talk to him there.
Then she proceeded to stick her head in her shirt and yell "HEY GOD! Can I have a baby brother?!"
I promise we pray all the time and it does not involve sticking her head in her shirt and yelling at her chest!!
Hope your prayers are answered today too, and you have a laughing sort of evening!!
6 comments:
That's wonderful news about baby Stellan. I've been following his story in various places around the blogosphere.
How great it would have been to have experienced mums on call when I was trying to breasfeed my first child. The only help I got was from my doctor and my mum who said "Just give her formula."
And the prayer episode sounds so funny! I can just see it in my mind.
God is so awesome to answer so many of our prayers, but in His time, not ours. Congratulations on your LLL "job." I breastfed both my kids because I was bound and determined to no matter how much it hurt. Plus, my mom had breastfed 3 kids, so she was able to give me support
AWESOME! That's all I can say... awesome Vera! God is so wonderful!
BTW, Hi! It's Sarah ;)
Aw...thanks for mentioning me in your last post! :) I'm totally glad to have met you too! I love everything you write. You're so sweet Vera! <3
It is so awesome to see God working and answering prayers! I am constantly in awe of the amazing things that He does. Simply incredible....
Hope you're having a good week!
In His arms,
--Abigail
Thanks for your comment on my blog...if you ever want to talk about it, e-mail me...I'd welcome it.
Love your blog and your sweet family.
God is wonderful and answers to prayer are such a blessing:)
Congrats on your LLL job, I was a breast-feeder and loved it, boy that seems LONG ago :)
Love Sophia's little story at the bottom, that made me laugh out loud!
Hugs dear :)
Post a Comment