So, for dinner last night I made this Pioneer Woman dish, which isn't very springlike at all. But it was a big hit with the kids (and Davis, who when it comes to food gets lumped in with "the kids").
I was much more excited about the salad, which was awesome.
I got this recipe out of Taste of Home magazine:
Marinated Cheese Salad
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano (oops forgot that part, it was still good!)
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt)
1/8 tsp. pepper (I used freshly ground)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (oops forgot to halve them!)
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 cup medium pitted green olives
For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch cubes, toss with half the dressing, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Toss with the remaining dressing, top with the marinated cheese, serve immediately.
1/2 cup olive oil
2 Tbsp. minced Italian parsley
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. minced fresh oregano (oops forgot that part, it was still good!)
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
1 large garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. salt (I used sea salt)
1/8 tsp. pepper (I used freshly ground)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese
4 cups torn romaine lettuce
2 cups fresh arugula or baby spinach
1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved (oops forgot to halve them!)
2 shallots, thinly sliced
1/2 cup medium pitted green olives
For the dressing, in a small bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Cut the cheese into 1/2 inch cubes, toss with half the dressing, cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine the romaine, arugula, tomatoes, shallots and olives. Toss with the remaining dressing, top with the marinated cheese, serve immediately.
And for dessert, we had strawberry shortcake.
I didn't adjust the saturation on that picture - those beauties really were that red!
3 comments:
I am so ready for the Farmer's Market! Bonnie
Ohh, that strawberry shortcake looks fab!
We have a few farmers market throughout the week in our town--we're spoiled that way.
Thanks for sharing the recipe!! Have a good day!!!
Post a Comment